Monday, October 14, 2013

SIMPLE, BUT CLASSIC (poem)

Simple and classic, she was dressed up in a gown so beautiful

Her golden earrings and wired bracelet were just but a perfect fit

She had no hidden motive to show-off her curves or entice the feasting eyes

Nevertheless, her graceful countenance and fluffy natural hair made her the center of attraction

Even her lips were shaped with smiles, and her white teeth shined so brightly in between

Hastily and hurriedly, the lustful eyes began to gazed and strategize

Excitedly they thought she was a game, but sadly they all hunted to no avail

Then they realized that this rare specie was not a meat on sale

Awhile sitted around the corner, I looked upon her with a poetic eyes and saw a rose flower

So gently and patiently I waited like a gardener for this flower to find its owner

I waited and waited, until that perfect moment she came my way and rested on my shoulder

Finally I found a queen and I knew my waiting was not in vain

And until now, I doubt if ever I will see a maiden adorned in such beauty and simplicity like her again.

Authored by:
Ebenezer O. Akinrinade (CYFI Fellow)
+2348027701092
gent2poetry@gmail.com

[Gent2smile ©2013]

NOTE: You are free to share/rebroadcast but not allowed to edit the poem or remove the authors details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why not take a few seconds to drop your comment or opinion...I'll like to know what you think.

Share & Subscribe

Share/Save/Bookmark