I am grateful for all I have,
And for where I am today.
We were many that started
But only a few of us are still standing.
There were goals I set but never achieved.
And likewise, goals I achieved but never set.
I take a look back with mixed feelings,
With a vote of thanks and a question of "why?"
GOD smiled at me and said "My dear child,
I know the thoughts of your heart.
Your hardwork are not yet paying the bills,
And the world is telling you to quit;
Many of your friends have gone far ahead of you,
And you wonder if your your future is bright or doomed;
I know your pains, struggles and shame.
But trust ME, today is your day.
- You will recover more blessings than you have actually lost.
- Your pains, struggles and shame will be remembered no more.
- Those who has gone ahead of you will come to the light of your dawning day.
- Your testimony will spread like wildfire to the four corners of the earth.
- Your children's children will benefit from your wealth.
- You will have peace within and without.
I AM the LORD your GOD."
Ebenezer Olasunkanmi Akinrinade
( 05:55pm; Friday 18th December, 2011 )
#StoneOfHelp Africa ARLFoundation Brainy Educare CYFI CYFI Fellow CYFI Fellows CYFI Fellowship CYFI Nigeria CYFI Project Ebenezer Akinrinade Ebenezer Olasunkanmi Akinrinade Education Gent2Smile inspiration inspirational poem leadership Love MDGs mentoring Motivation Nigeria personal development poem Poems poetry positive thinking public speaking purpose self-discovery Self-Help social change Social Work StoneOfHelp Summer Camp Nigeria talent U.S. Consulate General Lagos U.S. Mission to Nigeria united nations UNYouth Volunteer in Nigeria Walter Carrington YEC-Academy YECAcademy youth Youth Empowerment Youth Engagement youth forum Youth Leadership youth mentoring Youth Summit Youths