Thursday, March 29, 2012

IF TOMORROW NEVER COME

Yesterday is gone forever;
We have parted ways and shall meet no-more.
And though I may recount my victories
I have kissed goodbye all the wrongs which can no longer be undone.

Today is right here, right now;
It is unscripted and carefully placed in my hands
As I unite with nature and summon the gods
To join force with me and make of it whatever I believe that I can.

Tomorrow is beyond my reach;
I can only hope and wait in faith to see what it will bring.
And if I sleep and never wake-up tomorrow
Make me worthy of a crown, a sit by your side and a new song to sing.

Written & Composed by:
Ebenezer O. Akinrinade
+2348027701092
gent2poetry@gmail.com
(March 29th, 2012; 01:12pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why not take a few seconds to drop your comment or opinion...I'll like to know what you think.

Share & Subscribe

Share/Save/Bookmark