Monday, April 22, 2013

CHASED BY THE SHADOWS

An army of voices screaming in my head
A never-ending chit-chat by a crowd of unknown people.

Strange faces I see in my bed,
An image of someone long dead or a shadow chasing behind my back.

Am scared to tell my own story,
Because the rest of the world would only assume that am crazy.

And now, here I come dream-giver
To lay off my burdens and ask of you two things:

That you lead me to a place of comfort and serenity
Where all voices are mute except yours;

That you give me a new dream each night
Where I can see me touching the skies and kissed by the moon. 

Would you help me
Or treat me with disdain just like everyone else?

Written by:
Ebenezer Akinrinade (CYFI Fellow)
+2348027701092
gent2poetry@gmail.com
http://gent2smile.blogspot.com
Twitter: @gent2smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why not take a few seconds to drop your comment or opinion...I'll like to know what you think.

Share & Subscribe

Share/Save/Bookmark