Tuesday, May 7, 2013

In Search Of Me

"Nothing is found except it is hidden.
Nothing is hidden except it is a treasure."

In me is a talent waiting to be discovered;
The very gift that makes me priceless.

In me is a voice waiting to be heard,
Food for those whose mind hunger for knowledge.

My little light is waiting to shine bright
Upon a world clouded with darkness and confusion.

I am on a journey in search of me
On a quest to know the essence for my being.

The search will never end until there's no more hidden place.
The digging continues until the depth is within reach.

With these eyes I shall look beyond the obvious.
And with my ears listen beyond what is spoken.

Though the road is unknown yet I will venture
Better to die searching than to retreat and live a lie.

My instinct and inner light shall guide me
My faith and hope shall sustain me

Until the hidden me is revealed for the world to see
I will never give up on this search for the priceless me.

Written & Authored by:
Ebenezer O. Akinrinade (CYFI Fellow)
08027701092
gent2poetry@gmail.com
Twitter: @gent2smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why not take a few seconds to drop your comment or opinion...I'll like to know what you think.

Share & Subscribe

Share/Save/Bookmark