Friday, March 28, 2014

DETERMINED TO DREAM

Last night,

Unlike every other night

When men were fast asleep

I lay in bed awaken

Thinking, sighing and staring

I watched the clock, ticking

Heard its sound, clicking

A rat in the kitchen, running

All I wanted was a dream

But how...

With eyes and brain awaken

Would I get a chance to dream?

It was 12:18am last time I checked

Now the time is 5:34am, still counting

The road is coming back to live

I can tell...

Sound from car engines, zooming

Voices from the neighborhood, echoing

Yes, I know...

Some are still in bed, slumbering

I am in mine too, but still expecting

And endlessly waiting...

Thinking, sighing and staring at nothing

Wishing, that I can start dreaming

I'll be grateful for an hour or two

I just want a picture of my own dream

So I can rise like the morning sun

Full of life, vigor and strength

Empowered to live out my dreams

To turn imaginations to realities

Problems to possibilities.

Here in my bed, I'll stay unrelenting

Expecting, praying and waiting...

Until the Angel brings my portion

Either a dream, a vision or revelation.

Written & Authored by:
Ebenezer O. Akinrinade (CYFI Fellow)

|Social Worker | Poet | Editor | Social Media Strategist | Youth & Child Advocate

+2348027701092
gent2poetry@gmail.com
ebenezer.akinrinade@gmail.com
FB: Ebenezer OlaSunkanmi Akinrinade
Twitter: @gent2smile

Copyright © 2014.

No part of this article should be edited without the written permission of the author. You are only allowed to share and/or rebroadcast the article as it is. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why not take a few seconds to drop your comment or opinion...I'll like to know what you think.

Share & Subscribe

Share/Save/Bookmark