Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Cost of Happiness

If happiness is a thing money can buy,
Only the rich will have a cause to smile.

If happiness were sold for a price,
Maybe all I'ld have is sorrow and frown.

If happiness were a seed sown on one man's land,
Of course, many would have been starved to death by now

But happiness is a gift bestowed on me from above,
Like the rain, sunshine and the breath I breathe.

Happiness is a miracle that begins with a giggle, a smile, or a laughter
It ignites my soul, lightens my heart and brightens my face.

Happiness is a seed I have found aplenty in me,
It has grown wider than the oaks and higher than the palms.

This happy tree has more fruit than I alone can eat
Little wonder I share joy, love, and smiles with every passersby.

Happiness has taken hold of me.
And I am happiness personified.

*******
Happy #InternationalDayOfHappiness
*******

Written & Authored by:
Ebenezer O. Akinrinade (CYFI Fellow)

|Social Worker | Poet | Editor | Social Media Strategist |
+2348027701092

Facebook: Ebenezer OlaSunkanmi Akinrinade
Twitter: @gent2smile

Copyright © 2014.

No part of this article should be edited without the written permission of the author. You are only allowed to share and/or rebroadcast the article as it is. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why not take a few seconds to drop your comment or opinion...I'll like to know what you think.

Share & Subscribe

Share/Save/Bookmark