Wednesday, June 5, 2013

JUNE (Journey Unto New Era)

When this road was set before me
The fear of the unknown petrified me
For I did not know where the road leads.
But the wind of faith blew and carried me…
Pushing me towards the very road I could not dare.
I yielded to the voice of faith telling me all will be well.
And when through the valley of shadows and death I walked
Where too many had met with inescapable dead-end
Faith turned on its shining light on my path
And shadows, and death, skipped off without a trace.
Today, I looked back at the very place where I begun
And realized am halfway through and still standing.
So I conclude to take a little rest,
A little catching of fresh breathe,
And large doses of faith to carry me through another half.
The journey unto new era continues from here.
Many miles still lie ahead of me;
Many troubled waters to swim across,
High mountains to climb over,
And sinking sands to walk through.
I need all the strength I can get to succeed on this quest
Because I have passed through many thick and thin
And cannot afford to fail me and The One who chose me.

Authored by:
Ebenezer O. Akinrinade (CYFI Alumni)
[Social Worker | Poet | Book Editor]
+2348027701092
gent2poetry@gmail.com
http://gent2smile.blogspot.com
Twitter: @gent2smile

1 comment:

Why not take a few seconds to drop your comment or opinion...I'll like to know what you think.

Share & Subscribe

Share/Save/Bookmark