Monday, September 16, 2013

AN ATTRACTIVE DISTRACTION (poem)

Amidst the gathering of hundreds, she stood out like the Sun at noonday.
My breath was taken away as I stood still…mute, not knowing what to say.

Upon her face, a brilliant smile adorned so perfectly like cosmetic from Mary Kay.
My heart raced with the wind and a new song in my head began to play.

So sweet and soft, the voice with which she spoke to me
And for a moment I thought I was listening to a celestial hymn.

But even if I were deaf, such a melody would bring me healing
And it does not matter if I had faith already or just about believing.

Indeed, a wondrous work the potter's hand hath made  from fine clay
An attractive distraction intentionally positioned on my way

This gift I cannot refuse...this beauty I cannot resist.
For in her, I found the missing piece which makes me complete.


Written & Authored by:
Ebenezer O. Akinrinade (CYFI Fellow)
�� +2348027701092
�� gent2poetry@gmail.com
�� ebenezer.akinrinade@gmail.com
Follow @gent2smile
Copyright  2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why not take a few seconds to drop your comment or opinion...I'll like to know what you think.

Share & Subscribe

Share/Save/Bookmark