Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ebenezer Akinrinade Rated As 24th Best Contemporary Poet In Nigeria

Ebenezer Akinrinade (CYFI Fellow)
It was about twenty minutes past the hour ten in the night while I was busy reviewing a yet-to-be-published book by a friend, then the a thought just crept into my mind (a domineering thought) telling me to goggle my name on the internet. A mere distraction, I thought it was, but the voice in my head just would not allow me to concentrate on what I was doing, so I decided to take a break and see what rumor or truth has got to say about me.

Interestingly, there were links to some recent articles on my blog (Use Your Mind), my profile on Facebook, twitter and linkedin as well as a few stories about other social projects via Arlfoundation, Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative, YEC-Academy and a few others. It was very fascinating, so I moved on to other pages to see more, and to my biggest surprise I found my name tagged with an article I never knew existed at all. The article titled "Top 50 Contemporary Poets Who Rocked Nigeria in 2012" was published on EGCreativity Blog with my name rated as 24th on the list, wow!
I was thrilled to find my name on that list. At that very moment, I realized that sometimes it is those little things (gifts and talents) that we fail to appreciate and value about ourselves are most times the very thing that other people seem to appreciate us for. According to the writer, the list and rating was done through nominations and public opinions, but then am wondering who and who could have nominated me (the guess is endless) because I could not have imagined myself being on that list if I am to be very sincere but someone somewhere made it possible by nominating me.

To GOD who is the giver of inspiration, and to those who have spent their valuable time reading my short poems and even going this far to nominate me, I say a very big THANK YOU.

Now that I know how much you appreciate my poems, I must re-awaken the poet in me and keep those flames of inspired thought burning until the very end. Once again, I say THANK YOU.

See the full ratings here:
http://egcreativity.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-50-contemporary-poets-who-rocked.html?m=1

Written by:
Ebenezer Akinrinade (CYFI Fellow)
+2348027701092
gent2poetry@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why not take a few seconds to drop your comment or opinion...I'll like to know what you think.

Share & Subscribe

Share/Save/Bookmark