Sunday, February 10, 2013

THE MIRROR LIED (Poem)

Who am I?
And, why am I here?
The questions in my heart keep multiplying from time to time
I thought my parents would have an answer
But unfortunately, not even my mum or dad have a clue.
I spoke to my grandpa, and he asked me to look in the mirror.
So I ran back home to have a good look of myself
But the me in the mirror only stare in my face and mimic my gestures.
Of course, I saw a reflection of me in the mirror
But it never said a word of it own.
In fact, staring at him for that long made me feel dumb and dumber.
So I ran back to tell grandpa a piece of my mind
And on getting there, they said grandpa is gone.
He left without telling me the answer that I seek.
Now, I must keep on searching until...
Or should I return to that mirror and look a bit longer?

Authored by: Ebenezer O. Akinrinade (CYFI Fellow)
+2348027701092
gent2poetry@gmail.com
Follow on twitter @gent2smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why not take a few seconds to drop your comment or opinion...I'll like to know what you think.

Share & Subscribe

Share/Save/Bookmark